Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Lone Ranger Review

Summer Movie Blockbuster


When Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney get together, that's when the magic happens for me.

Two of my favorite movies are Pirates Of The Caribbean and National Treasure so you can imagine my delight when I first heard that the two companies would be joining forces again to bring The Lone Ranger to the big screen!



Last month I was invited by Walt Disney Motion Pictures Canada to a screening of The Lone Ranger. I was very excited to see how Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer would tackle these iconic roles. There I was greeted with Western Style gift provided by Disney and the Calgary Stampede.
So for that moment I traded the tiara for a (would be) 10 gallon hat. I think a true 10 gallon hat would be way too big for my noggin, but I think this replica cowboy hat did the trick.



As for the movie I was thrilled.  The story was intricate and explosive all at once.  It was action packed and touched your heart as well. There are several comedic moments as well as very intense scenes.   The movie looks very realistic because it was not a back lot shot movie.  They shot on location and if you stay until the end you can see it takes a full screen to list all the stunt people in it. I suggest seeing it on the big screen to get enthralled in the Old West feel of the movie, but I am sure once it comes to DVD I will be seeing it in again in that format as well. I don't want to give away the plot so I'll move on to the audience. This film would be great for the older kids, I'd say older tweens to teens and adults will enjoy it very much. Did you see The Lone Ranger? Did you enjoy it as much as I did? Let me know in the comments below!

For more tips about the movies check out the post on how to save on movie tickets and where to see outdoor films this summer!

1 comment:

  1. I quite enjoyed it, and have no idea why the critics panned it so. For a 2-1/2 hour movie, it moved along nicely.

    ReplyDelete